Gokinjo Monogatari Characters
- Mikako Kouda
- An individualistic girl who dreams of becoming a fashion
designer and having her own brand of clothing,
"Happy Berry." Although she runs the household
and cooks for her mother, she acts younger than her age.
She's quick to anger and makes drastic changes in her
appearance when she's upset.
- Tsutomu Yamaguchi
- Mikako's long-suffering neighbor and friend since
childhood. He gets a lot of unwanted attention because he
looks exactly like popular singer Ken Nakagawa. He
studies visual design at Yazawa Gakuin and makes little
UFO-looking knick-knacks as a hobby, but he doesn't have
a goal for the future.
- Risa Kanzaki
- Mikako's punk-rock classmate and friend. She came from
Hokkaido to Tokyo to study to become a designer of
children's clothing, but she's not quite all she seems to
- Mai "Pii-chan" Oota
- Mikako's friend and classmate. She has a high-pitched
voice that earned her her nickname (she sounds like she's
peeping) and wears cutesy little-girl storybook dresses.
She makes stuffed animals and dreams of the day her
prince will come.
- Hamada-sensei ("Hama-chan")
- Mikako's fashion design teacher. She's well-liked, but
- Noriji Sunami
- The superintendent of Mikako and Tsutomu's apartment
building. As Mikako says, he has a scary face, but is
really very nice. He has a crush on Mikako's mother.
- Mariko "Nice Body-ko" Nakasu
- An upperclassman in the school of interior design who
becomes Tsutomu's first girlfriend. She's attractive (she
was crowned "Miss YazaGaku" in the school's
beauty contest), flirtatious, spoiled, selfish, and rich.
She's always dressed from head to toe in Chanel.
- Hiroaki "Toku-chan" Tokumori
- A neighbor who has been like a big brother to Mikako and
Tsutomu. Now, he mediates their arguments at his bar, the
- Youichiro and Kimiko(?) Yamaguchi
- Tsutomu's parents. Very ordinary people.
- Ruriko Kouda
- Mikako's mother, a successful shoujo mangaka (girls'
cartoonist). She's rather irresponsible and childish.
- Mikako's classmate.
- Yuusuke Tashiro
- Tsutomu's friend, classmate, and co-founder of Akindo. He
likes hip-hop fashion and rice omelets, has an eye for
the ladies, and rides a Honda Cub scooter. He's an
excellent artist when he applies himself, and he draws
portraits for Akindo.
- Jiro Nishino
- Tsutomu's friend and classmate. He programs computer
games. He has purple spiked hair, rockabilly clothes, and
sunglasses that he never takes off. He's poor and speaks
- Ai Yazawa-gakuchou-sensei
- The head of Yazawa Gakuin, an offbeat woman who always
wears kimono and heart-shaped sunglasses.
- Shintaro Nakasu
- Body-ko's younger brother, a wannabe-Rastafarian
underclassman in the school of handicrafts. He makes
colorful little haniwa figurines.
- Shuuji "Shuu-chan" Shintani
- Body-ko's next-door-neighbor and first love. A wealthy,
clean-cut, tennis-playing college student.
- Yuka Matsuyama
- Shuu-chan's college girlfriend.
- Takeshi Nagase
- Risa's live-in boyfriend, guitarist in a rock band.
- Ayumi Oikawa
- Tsutomu's friend and classmate. She's pretty, smart, and
nice, but she lacks assertiveness and self-confidence.
She makes accessories for Akindo and strange objects
d'art at school. She likes Yuusuke because of his
- Hirohiko Sakurada
- Mikako's father. A professional photographer who
specializes in pictures of the sky.
- The cook at the Nakasus' summer home.
- Mikako's junior-high school classmate.
- Seiji "Kira-Kira Seijin"
- Ruriko's assistant. He's a graduate of the Yazawa School
of Design, and is now studying hair and make-up.
- Mikako's classmate, a professional model.
- Mikako's classmate. She has short blue hair and glasses.
- Toku-chan's fiancee.
- Miwako Sakurada
- Mikako's baby sister.
- Arashi Nagase
- Miwako's friend, son of Risa and Takeshi.
- Hiroyuki Tokumori
- Miwako's friend, son of Toku-chan and Michiyo.
Return to index